Making a formal complaint
How can I make a formal complaint?
You can contact the complaints department through various different channels;
- Telephone us: 01432 364191
- Write to us: Complaints department, patient experience team, Wye Valley NHS Trust, Union Walk, Hereford HR1 2ER
- Email us: email@example.com
- Click here to access leaflet about how to make a complaint
Complaints - what we will do
We recognise that we will not get things right all the time and if at any point the service and treatment you receive does not meet your expectations it is important that you tell us about your experience. We take all complaints very seriously and will do our upmost to;
- Find out from you what the problems are and what you would like as the outcome
- Acknowledge your complaint within three working days
- Ensure that the investigation is thorough and fair to all concerned
- Ensure that your receive a response to your complaint within 25 working days
- Ensure that the Trust improves services where appropriate
If you are sending in a complaint on behalf of someone else, we will need to gain consent from them for you to act on their behalf. To do this please click here to access the form of authority and return this form with your complaint.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Will my care be affected by raising my concerns or complaints?
A. No, we cannot stress enough that your care will not be adversely affected by you raising your concerns or complaints with us. It might very well help to improve your care; because it is only by knowing and listening to what people have to say that we can make things better for you and others.
Q. What happens if you cannot resolve my complaint?
A. We will do everything we can find a resolution to any concerns or complaints that you might have. However, there may be occasions where we can do no more. In these circumstances, we will tell you and you will then be free to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint and the way we have responded to you. You can contact the Health Service Ombudsman via:
Telephone: 0345 015 4033
Write: Millbank Tower