Press release – September 3 2019
Wye Valley NHS Trust has launched a campaign and a series of open days to recruit qualified nurses, community nurses, and clinical support staff to work at the Trust’s three community hospitals or in the district nursing teams across Herefordshire
The events are also open to those who may have left the profession and who want to return to nursing in a community setting.
Each of the events will run from 4pm to 7pm, starting on Wednesday 18 September at Ross Community Hospital. This is followed by a similar open day event at Bromyard Community Hospital on Wednesday 25 September and Leominster Community Hospital on Wednesday 2 October.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is one of a small number of Trust’s in the country that provides acute and community healthcare, so it is able to offer a variety of opportunities and progression for qualified nurses and clinical support staff.
Tracey Ricketts, locality lead nurse at Wye Valley NHS Trust, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to meet our staff, ask questions, have a guided tour, and find out about working in our very friendly community hospitals and district nursing teams at locations across the county.
“We offer a flexible work-life balance, continued professional development opportunities, and can help you reach your full potential and make a real difference to patient care in your own local communities.
“If you are a qualified nurse, looking to return to nursing, or clinical support staff, we’d love to see you at one of our open day events. We’re also recruiting nurses and healthcare assistants to our bank of staff and are keen to speak to people who are considering nursing as a career.
“If you have not worked in a hospital for some time but are still registered, or your registration has lapsed, that doesn’t matter - we would like to hear from you and we will support you to regain your registration”.
The Trust is keen to appoint into these roles as soon as possible and suitable candidates will be offered an interview on the day, where possible, if they match the criteria.
Anyone interested in attending should simply turn up at one of the events – there’s no need to book a place. More details can be found on the Trust’s website – www.wyevalley.nhs.uk – under “News and Events”, “Events” or call Tracey Ricketts on 01432 347685, or email email@example.com
All the open day events run from 4pm to 7pm. They are:
- 18 September, 4pm to 7pm at Ross Community Hospital, Alton Street, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 5AD
- 25 September, 4pm to 7pm, Bromyard Community Hospital, Tower Hill, Bromyard, HR7 4QN
- 2 October, 4pm to 7pm, Leominster Community Hospital, South Street, Leominster, HR6 8JH
Notes to Editors WVT:
- Wye Valley NHS Trust is a provider of health services across Herefordshire and beyond. The Trust exists to improve the wellbeing, independence and health of the people we serve.
- By working closely with our partners, we can make good our promise to deliver a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and our friends.
- With an estimated annual turnover of around £185 million, we employ around 3,000 staff. We aim to build new relationships between our staff, patients, service users and their carers with the wider community.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Gurney, communications officer, or John Burnett, Communication and Engagement Manager, Wye Valley NHS Trust: 01432 372928