For the latest information on visiting being stopped, suspending non urgent elective operations, outpatient appointment changes, maternity service and dental access service changes, child and adult safeguarding please see our Coronavirus page
Press release – 15 April 2020
‘Thinking of you’ service set up for loved ones to keep in touch with patients
A new ‘thinking of you’ service has been set up for loved ones to keep in touch with patients staying in hospitals across the county, whilst ward visiting remains suspended.
Wye Valley NHS Trust has introduced the new service to help keep patients and their family and friends in contact with one another during Covid-19.
The service is available seven days a week and messages will be delivered by hospital staff to patients on the wards at Hereford County Hospital, Leominster, Bromyard and Ross Community Hospital.
Catherine Davies, associate director of nursing at Wye Valley NHS Trust, said: “This is a difficult time for everyone and we hope this brings some comfort and cheer to our patients who are currently in hospital and missing their loved ones.
“Our patient experience team will deliver the messages to patients as quickly as possible, 7 days a week, during office hours, and are also available on 01432 372986 if you have an enquiry or question about the care of your relative”.
The relative of a Trust patient said: “I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the hospital for organising this. It was so lovely to hear that my mum received her photos and a lovely surprise for her. It is really appreciated that you're doing what you can in these difficult circumstances”.
What you need to do to send a message to your loved one:
- Choose one family member or friend to send the letter
- Include the patients full name, date of birth and ward/department where they are an inpatient
- Email the letter and the above details to Thinkingofyou@wvt.nhs.uk
Notes to Editors WVT:
- Wye Valley NHS Trust is a provider of health services across Herefordshire and beyond. The Trust exists to improve the wellbeing, independence and health of the people we serve.
- By working closely with our partners, we can make good our promise to deliver a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and our friends.
- With an estimated annual turnover of around £185 million, we employ around 3,000 staff. We aim to build new relationships between our staff, patients, service users and their carers with the wider community.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Gurney, communications officer, or John Burnett, Communication and Engagement Manager, Wye Valley NHS Trust: 01432 372928