Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Press release – September 3 2021
Invitation to local community hospitals recruitment events
Wye Valley NHS Trust is to hold a series of open days to recruit qualified community nurses, and clinical support staff to work at the Trust’s three community hospitals.
The events are also open to those who may have left the profession and who want to return to nursing in a community setting.
Each of the events will run from 4pm to 7pm:
- Leominster Community Hospital on Tuesday, September 7
- Ross Community Hospital on Thursday, September 9
- Bromyard Community Hospital on Thursday, September 16.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is one of a small number of Trust’s in the country that provides acute and community healthcare, so it is able to offer a variety of opportunities and progression for qualified nurses and clinical support staff.
Sue Fenson, Locality Lead at Wye Valley NHS Trust, said: “These recruitment events are a great opportunity to meet our staff, ask questions and find out about working in our very friendly community hospitals across the county.
“We offer a flexible work-life balance, continued professional development opportunities, and can help you reach your full potential and make a real difference to patient care in your own local communities.
“If you are a qualified nurse, looking to return to nursing, or clinical support staff, we’d love to see you at one of our open day events. We’re also recruiting nurses and healthcare assistants to our bank of staff and are keen to speak to people who are considering nursing as a career.
“If you have not worked in a hospital for some time but are still registered, or your registration has lapsed, that doesn’t matter - we would like to hear from you and we will support you to regain your registration”.
The Trust is keen to appoint into these roles as soon as possible.
To book a place at one of the open days, please email email@example.com
Notes to Editors WVT:
- Wye Valley NHS Trust is a provider of health services across Herefordshire and beyond. The Trust exists to improve the wellbeing, independence and health of the people we serve.
- By working closely with our partners, we can make good our promise to deliver a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and our friends.
- With an estimated annual turnover of around £185 million, we employ around 3,000 staff. We aim to build new relationships between our staff, patients, service users and their carers with the wider community.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Gurney, communications officer, or John Burnett, Communication and Engagement Manager, Wye Valley NHS Trust: 01432 372928