Changes to visiting arrangements. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
- Contact Us
The Herefordshire Macmillan Lymphoedema Service provides a comprehensive and dedicated specialist Lymphoedema Service.
- We provide assessment, treatment and psycho-social support for those suffering from primary and secondary lymphoedema in Herefordshire.
- Ensure there is equity in access to a uniform high standard of care provided locally and appropriate to patient’s needs.
- Ultimately the service improves the function and quality of life for Lymphoedema patients, empowering and equipping them with self-care skills and ongoing support. It also reduces the risk of Lymphoedema related cellulitis infection which can require Hospital admission.
We accept patients with Congenital Primary Lymphoedema; Lymphoedema secondary to cancer or palliative patients with Lymphoedema.
- You will require a written referral from a health professional to us, plus relevant clinical information to assist the assessment process and to ensure the interventions and actions taken are appropriate
- The vast majority of patients are seen in a clinic setting, domiciliary visits will be arranged only for housebound patients, community hospital inpatients and palliative patients as appropriate. Joint visits are offered with the District Nurse Teams as appropriate to ensure collaborative working relationships
- We accept referrals regardless of age, gender, culture there is no discrimination
Where to find us and how to contact us
See right hand side of this page for contact details.
Clinics are provided at:
- Leominster Community Hospital
- Macmillan Renton Unit, Hereford County Hospital
The current Lymphoedema service comprises of a small team of three part time Lymphoedema Clinical Nurse Specialists. The lymphoedema service supports collaborative working relationships with other health care professionals and agencies. The service does not work in isolation and often works to achieve a partnership with referrers to attain optimum outcomes for patients.
Macmillan Lymphoedema Service
3 St Ethelbert Street
Office Tel No: 01432 677349