If you have a minor injury or illness
The list below will help you find alternative NHS services available for treating a minor injury. Click here to find out which NHS service you need.
- Self-care - you may be able to treat minor illnesses or injuries such as sprains, strains, insect stings and cuts and grazes yourself
- Local pharmacist - can give advice for treating common illnesses and the best medicines to use. Click here to find your local pharmacy.
- Visiting your GP - for medical advice, examinations or an illness or injury that require prescriptions. click here to find out more.
- Minor Injuries Unit Ledbury (please note MIUs closed bottom of this page) - for treatment of minor injuries, such as cuts, grazes, bites, stings, sprains, minor eye infections/foreign bodies and minor burns. See opening hours below.
- Dental access centre - for advice and treatment out of hours. Please see below for further details. Find out about dental care available out of office hours.
- Book an out of hours appointment with a GP – If your GP surgery is closed and you need an appointment out of hours urgently, you can call NHS 111 and ask for an appointment at the local extended GP service Taurus, which is open from 8am until 8pm on weekends, or out of hours GP appointments. Please note there are a limited number of appointments available.
- Call NHS 111 – If you need medical help fast, but your condition is not life threatening, you can call NHS 111. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the number is free to call and is staffed by trained advisors and experienced clinicians who can assess you, offer advice and direct you to the right place to get the medical care you need as quickly as possible.
Herefordshire Minor Injury Units (MIUs)
You should attend a MIU for treatment of minor injuries such as cuts grazes, bites, stings sprains, strains, minor eye infections/foreign bodies and minor burns.
- Ledbury Community Health and Care Centre, Minor Injury Unit is open 24/7, excluding public/bank holidays (this service is not provided by Wye Valley NHS Trust).
CLOSED - Leominster Minor Injury Unit and Ross Hospital Minor Injury Unit are closed during the winter period. Please call NHS 111 if you need medical advice for a minor illness or ailment.
Life threatening illness or injury
If you require urgent treatment out of hours please visit the Accident & Emergency Department at The County Hospital, Hereford.