Visiting has been stopped at our hospitals and there are changes in place to a number of services. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Continuation of audiology service during COVID-19 - 9 April 2020
We are not currently seeing anyone in our drop in repair clinics.
Updated – 3 June 2020
WVT patients advised to call hearing aid repair service for advice
Patients of Wye Valley NHS Trust (WVT) who require hearing aid repairs are requested to call the audiology service for advice and not to attend the hospital.
While changes to audiology services remain in place, as part of Covid-19 measures, patients are being urged not to turn up at Hereford County Hospital if they don’t have a booked appointment.
We’re urging Trust patients with NHS hearing aids that require repair, or battery replacements, to call us on 01432 372939 for free advice, Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help to diagnose the fault over the phone and make the necessary arrangements for repairs. Click here to find out more.
Drop in sessions with Deaf Direct– currently closed at all sites
Useful links to videos that may help you with cleaning you hearing aid and replacing the tubing.
Please note if you do not have the cleansing beaker and sieve as suggested in the video. Warm soapy water is fine.
C2 Hear online click here is a very useful website with lots of videos and information to help with your hearing aids.
About our service
The Audiology department provides hearing assessment following a direct patient referral from a GP. They select, programme and fit digital hearing aids for adults and provide follow-up hearing aid consultations, hearing aid repair clinics and battery issue.
Reassessments are also available where necessary.
Audiology also provides support for ENT clinics, together with:
- Brainstem testing
- Balance testing and rehabilitation
- Tinnitus assessment and counselling
- Head of Service Samantha Cooper
- Chief Audiologist Nigel Perry
- Clinical Scientist (Paediatric Audiology) Michelle Little
- Senior Audiologist Alison Stather-Hooper
- Senior Audiologist Charlotte Turtle
- Senior Audiologist/Hearing Therapist Jacqueline Paddock
- Senior Paediatric Audiologist Deborah Allen
- Senior Audiologist - Rebecca Mould
- Audiologist Gemma Knapman-Nuttall
- Associate Audiological Practitioner Phillipa Evans
- Associate Audiological Practitioner Carlotta Dorman
- Senior Assistant Technical Officer (Paediatric Audiology) Debra Hollis
- Senior Assistant Technical Officer Frank Anderson
- Senior Assistant Technical Officer Eleanor Brown
- Admin lead Denise Prothero
Paediatric and children's hearing aid services are at Ross Road Clinic.
Telephone: 01432 383100 (option 2 – Red Team, option 2 –ENT/audiology)