The Audiology department provides hearing assessment following a direct patient referral from a GP. They select, programme and fit digital hearing aids for adults and provide follow-up hearing aid consultations, hearing aid repair clinics and battery issue.
Reassessments are also available where necessary.
Audiology also provides support for ENT clinics, together with:
- Brainstem testing
- Balance testing and rehabilitation
- Tinnitus assessment and counselling
- Head of Service Samantha Cooper
- Chief Audiologist Nigel Perry
- Clinical Scientist (Audiology) Michelle Little (Children's Hearing Centre)
- Senior Audiologist Alison Stather-Hooper
- Senior Audiologist Claire Stuart
- Senior Audiologist/Hearing Therapist Jacqueline Paddock
- Audiologist Deborah Allen
- Audiologist - Rebecca Mould
- Audiologist - Charlotte White
- Associate Audiological Practitioner Phillipa Evans
- Associate Audiological Practitioner Gemma Knapman-Nuttall
- Senior Assistant Technical Officer Carlotta Dorman
- Senior Assistant Technical Officer Frank Anderson
- School Screeners/Assistant Technical Officer Joe Lewis
- School Screeners/Assistant Technical Officer Debra Hollis
- Administrator/Receptionist Nikki Jones
- Administrator/Receptionist Tanya Cooper
- Admin lead Denise Prothero (Children's Hearing Centre)
Paediatric and children's hearing aid services are at Ross Road Clinic.
Drop-in repair sessions are also available for hearing aid repairs, as detailed below. Please note: for these sessions we are only able to do basic repairs, such as replacing tubing, and cannot do any hearing aid adjustments.
- Hereford County Hospital
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - 9am to 12.30pm, 1.30pm to 4pm
Thursday - 9am to 12.30pm
- Ross-on-Wye Community hospital
Every Tuesday morning for hearing aid repairs - 9am until 12pm
No need to book an appointment.
Drop in sessions
These services are provided in association with Deaf Direct. A Deaf Direct representative is in attendance at these drop in sessions to provide advice. Click here to find out more about Deaf Direct.
Please note: for these sessions we are only able to do basic repairs, such as replacing tubing, and cannot do any hearing aid adjustments or replacements.
Ross-on-Wye Community hospital
Last Friday of the month - 10am to 12pm
- Ledbury Harling Court
Last Wednesday of the month - 2pm to 4pm
- Bromyard Nunwell surgery
First Thursday of the month - 2pm to 4pm
- Leominster Community hospital
First Friday of the month - 10am to 12pm
- Kington Court
First Friday of the month - 2pm to 4pm