About the Trust
Wye Valley NHS Trust provides health services to the residents of Herefordshire and further afield.
Hereford Hospitals NHS Trust, NHS Herefordshire, Primary Care Trust Provider Services and Adult Social Care, previously provided by Herefordshire Council, joined together on 1st April 2011 to become a new organisation, Wye Valley NHS Trust, which brought together acute, community health and adult social care services.
In September 2013, adult social care services became the responsibility of Herefordshire Council once again.
The key principles of Wye Valley NHS Trust are to improve the health and well being of the people we serve in Herefordshire and the surrounding areas.
We continue to work across traditional boundaries to provide integrated care in order to deliver a standard of care we would want for ourselves, our families and friends.
With an estimated annual turnover of around £160 million, we employ around 2,700 staff with the aim of building new relationships between our staff, patients, service users and their carers, and with the wider community.
We are a clinical and practitioner-led organisation owned by our local community and staff.
Vision, Mission and Values
Wye Valley NHS Trust Vision, Mission and Values.
To improve the health and well being of the people we serve in Herefordshire and the surrounding areas.
To provide a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and friends.
Right care, right place, right time…every time.
- People First
- Passion for excellence
- Personal responsibility
- Pride in our team
- Promoting thriving communities
- To enjoy a reputation for and be able to demonstrate exceptional quality, safety and customer service.
- To achieve sufficient financial prosperity to enable services to be sustained and developed.
Service Delivery Objectives:
- To deliver community focused and integrated health care services.
- To deliver a clinically sustainable portfolio of secondary care services.
- To extend the range and, where appropriate, the volume of health care services we offer.
- Workforce: To enjoy a reputation as an excellent employer enabling us to recruit, develop and retain the workforce we need.
- Technology: To use technology to support the quality, efficiency and user friendliness of our services.
- Estate: To ensure that we deploy our estate and assets efficiently and effectively to provide care in a first class environment.
- Organisation: To ensure that our organisation is 'fit for purpose' to fulfil our primary objectives.
- Partnership: To work proactively with partners willing and able to help us realise our mission.