Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
virtual visiting arrangements
Helping you stay in touch with patients during COVID.
We have some alternative ways that you can stay in touch with loved ones who are in hospital as follows:
- Belongings drop off – essential belongings can be dropped off by a family member for patients on our wards between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Staff will then deliver these to the ward. Call 01432 372986 for more information.
For community hospitals - please arrange this directly with their reception staff
- Virtual visit via video call - if your relative does not have access to video call via their own mobile device, the ward may be able to arrange a short video call - please speak to the ward about this.
- Connected hearts – we can provide you and your loved one with matching fabric hearts to help maintain a connection.
- Thinking of you - inpatient letter service - we have put in place a letter service, so that relatives/friends can email a letter to their loved ones who are inpatients in our hospitals. Our patient experience team will print the letters and deliver them to each ward daily - Monday to Friday.
What to do:
- Choose one family member or friend to send the letter to us
- Include the patients full name, date of birth and
ward/department where they are an inpatient
- Email the letter and details to Thinkingofyou@wvt.nhs.uk
Please note that we will not be able to confirm receipt of these emails due to the volume of letters we will be receiving/delivering. This email address is monitored during working hours Monday to Friday.