Become a research ambassador
We are keen to involve patients, participants and the public in the conduct and development of our research activity, beyond participation in trials. Research Ambassadors are patients, carers or members of the public that volunteer to help the research team. The main aim of this is to help improve access to research opportunities for patients, and to put patients at the heart of what we do. They do this by:
- Helping to increase awareness of research amongst NHS Professionals by attending induction programmes, meetings and events by manning stands and handing out leaflets.
- Helping to improve our communications such as our website by reviewing what is available and making suggestions for improvement
- Taking part in audits of the availability of research information in the hospital (like a Mystery Shopper campaign)
- Manning stands in the main entrance at the hospital such as on International Clinical Trials Day to help increase awareness of research with visitors to the Trust.
- Attending research and development committee meetings to give their opinion
To find out more, please contact the Clinical Trials team email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01432 355444 Ext 5279