Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Patient Experience Team
During the current covid19 our service is available as detailed below.
Virtual visiting arrangements
Helping you stay in touch with patients during COVID.
We have some alternative ways that you can stay in touch with loved ones who are in hospital as follows:
- Belongings drop off – essential belongings can be dropped off by a family member for patients on our wards between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Staff will then deliver these to the ward. Call 01432 372986 for more information.
- Virtual visit via video call - if your relative does not have access to video call via their own mobile device, the ward may be able to arrange a short video call - please speak to the ward about this.
- Connected hearts – we can provide you and your loved one with matching fabric hearts to help maintain a connection.
- Thinking of you - inpatient letter service - we have put in place a letter service, so that relatives/friends can email a letter to their loved ones who are inpatients in our hospitals. Our patient experience team will print the letters and deliver them to each ward daily - Monday to Friday.
What to do:
- Choose one family member or friend to send the letter to us
- Include the patients full name, date of birth and
ward/department where they are an inpatient
- Email the letter and details to Thinkingofyou@wvt.nhs.uk
Please note that we will not be able to confirm receipt of these emails due to the volume of letters we will be receiving/delivering. This email address is monitored during working hours Monday to Friday.
We are here to help
The Patient Experience Team is here to help. If you have an enquiry about Trust services or a concern about your care or that of a relative, we will do our very best to help you. Please call 01432 372986 Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
We're here to help
- Advise and support patients, their families and carers
- Provide information on NHS services
- Listen to your concerns, suggestions and queries
- Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf
What we do
We are here to help with any questions, compliments or concerns you may have. If you are not happy with the service you are receiving or have a concern that you want answering please contact a member of our staff in the first instance.
However, if you do not feel comfortable talking directly to one of the staff providing your care, or would just prefer to talk to someone who is not directly involved in the care you receive, we can help you.
Please contact us if you need advice, have concerns, or don't know where to turn. .
Why contact us?
We know people sometimes don't raise their concerns because they don't want to make a formal complaint, or feel that they don't want to add burden to already busy staff. However, we want to know when our services are not working well, so that we can continue to improve them, contacting us can help you and help Wye Valley NHS Trust improve our services too.
How can you contact us?
Call us directly on 01432 372986 or can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If your call is urgent and out of normal working hours please contact the Hospital switchboard on 01432 355444.
Patient Experience Manager
Patient Experience Co-ordinator
PALS Support Worker
Heather Ferriday / Shirley Storey