For the latest information on visiting being stopped, suspending non urgent elective operations and outpatient appointment changes, please see our Coronavirus page
Who can refer to us
Who can refer to us and how
Access to the service requires a referral from the following:
- GP – Your GP can directly refer you to our service. This may be done electronically by “e-referral” or letter
- Practice Nurse – In some GP practices a nurse may assess you and refer directly to the department
- Podiatrist – We strive to work closely with our colleagues and they can directly refer into the service. Often you may see a musculoskeletal specialist Podiatrist before referred for surgery.
- Physiotherapist – Often you may be seen by a physiotherapist within your GP practice, within a separate Musculoskeletal Triage team or perhaps independently.
- Another Hospital Consultant – Sometimes other Hospital based consultant may choose to refer you, for example a Rheumatologist, Orthopaedic surgeon or a Consultant looking after your diabetes.
If you have any question relating to a referral please contact us:
Department of Podiatric Surgery