Who can refer to us
Who can refer to us and how
Access to the service requires a referral from the following:
- GP – Your GP can directly refer you to our service. This may be done electronically by “e-referral” or letter
- Practice Nurse – In some GP practices a nurse may assess you and refer directly to the department
- Podiatrist – We strive to work closely with our colleagues and they can directly refer into the service. Often you may see a musculoskeletal specialist Podiatrist before referred for surgery.
- Physiotherapist – Often you may be seen by a physiotherapist within your GP practice, within a separate Musculoskeletal Triage team or perhaps independently.
- Another Hospital Consultant – Sometimes other Hospital based consultant may choose to refer you, for example a Rheumatologist, Orthopaedic surgeon or a Consultant looking after your diabetes.
If you have any question relating to a referral please contact us:
Department of Podiatric Surgery