Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Ross on Wye Hospital
Visiting has been temporarily stopped at our hospitals - 8/1/21
Click here to access further information.
There are three community hospitals within Herefordshire based at Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Patients who require a period of rehabilitation at a community hospital will need to have an assessment undertaken of the support they will need during their stay. This assessment will consider which facility in Herefordshire can best meet their needs.
The Community Hospital is a modern, well designed building in the popular market town of Ross-on-Wye. It is staffed by dedicated professionals who are committed to providing quality care based on the needs of each patient. As well as the Nursing staff, there are teams of professional staff such as Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who will help you with your recovery.
While you are staying here your medical care will be provided by a combination of General Practitioners and Consultants, supported by highly trained staff. As soon as possible after you arrive a doctor from one of the local surgeries will visit to assess you. If you have been transferred from another hospital specific instructions about your care will have been sent with you and any medication your need and your medical records and x-rays will be available here.
There are two wards at the hospital. They are each split into smaller rooms which have 1, 2 or 4 beds in each. All the rooms are single sex so you will not have to share a room with someone of the opposite sex.
Preparing for your stay in hospital
A patient information booklet is available by clicking
here for you to read to help you prepare for your stay in hospital. This information will also be available for you at your bedside if you are staying overnight in one of our hospitals.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test is a simple question that patients are asked about the care they have received. The test is part of a way of gathering patient feedback and driving improvement in NHS hospital services across the country. To find out more about the Friends and Family Test click here.
There are currently 800,000 people diagnosed with dementia in the United Kingdom. Every day in an acute hospital approximately 60 to 65 percent of inpatients will be suffering with dementia, confusion and/or delirium.
At this Trust, we have a skilled multidisciplinary team who aim to improve the care and experience for both patients and carers.
We have a number of initiatives in place to raise awareness amongst our staff of the signs and symptoms of dementia so that we can provide the best possible care for our patients. To find out more Visit our dementia care page.
To make your stay more comfortable
- There is a pay phone available on the wards for patients to use. There are televisions in most rooms. There is also a Dayroom where you can watch television, and where meals are served. If you are well enough you will be encouraged to have your meals in the Dayroom.
- There is a choice of menu for each meal and you will be asked to select your choice for the next day. If you require a special diet because of your condition this will be provided. Please let staff now if you have any other special requirements.
- There is a pay phone for patients' use. There is also a mobile phone which relatives can phone to speak to patients on the ward.
- Most days the League of Friends come round with a ‘mobile shop' from which you can buy a range of items such as drinks, toiletries and snacks. Newspapers are also available on the wards.
- A Church of England Minister visits once a week and ministers of all the local churches will visit on request.
- There is a water cooler on the ward and you can drinks and snacks from a vending machine.
Community hospital parking
Community Hospitals (Ross on Wye, Leominster & Bromyard) parking.
The following parking pay & display charges are in place at this community hospital:
- 20 minute free minutes
- Up to 1 hour £1.50
- Up to 2 hours £2
- Up to 3 hours £3
- Up to 4 hours £4
- Over 4 hours £5
There is a bus stop approximately 500 metres from the Hospital with regular buses to and from Hereford, Monmouth and Gloucester. Details are available via www.herefordbus.info 0870 608 2 608.
The nearest railway stations are at Hereford , Lydney, Ledbury and Gloucester.
The Trust also provides a podiatry service. Our Podiatry department's priority is to provide care for patients who have a significant foot condition and a relevant medical history. Many of these patients require ongoing treatment. Visit our podiatry page to find out more.
Office Tel No: 01989 562 100