More information is available on the visiting page
Vision, mission and values
“To improve the health and well being of the people we serve in Herefordshire and the surrounding areas”.
“To provide a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and friends”.
Our Trust's values are so important to the way we work every day, we're really keen to hear from candidates who share our values and will demonstrate them when joining our team.
- We will support patients and ensure that they are cared for with compassion
- We will act with integrity, assuming responsibility for our actions and decisions
- We will treat every individual in a non-judgemental manner, ensuring privacy, fairness and confidentiality
- We will challenge ourselves to do better and strive for excellence
Trust strategic objectives 2023/24
- Reduce infection rates by delivering improvements to our cleanliness and hygiene regimes
- Reduce discharge delays by working in a more integrated way with One Herefordshire partners through the Better Care Fund (BCF)
- Reduce waiting times for admission for patients who need urgent and emergency care by reducing demand and optimising ward based care
- Improve recruitment, retention and employment opportunities by implementing more flexible employment practises including the creation of joint career pathways with One Herefordshire partners
- Develop a five year “grow your own” workforce plan
- Increase theatre productivity by increasing the average numbers of patients on lists and reducing cancellations
- Reduce waiting times by delivering plans for an elective surgical hub and community diagnostic centre
- Reduce the need to move paper notes to patient locations by 50 per cent through delivering our Digital Strategy
- Optimise our digital patient record to reduce waste and duplication in the management of patient care pathways
- Reduce carbon emissions by delivering our Green Plan and launching a green champions programme for staff
- Increase the influence of One Herefordshire partners in service contracting by developing an agreement with the Integrated Care Board that recognises the responsibility and accountability of Herefordshire partners in the process
- Improve patient care by developing an academic programme that will grow our participation in research, increasing both the number of departments that are research active and opportunities for patients to participate