Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Leominster community hospital
Visiting has been temporarily stopped at our hospitals - 8/1/21
Click here to access further information.
There are three community hospitals within Herefordshire based at Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Patients who require a period of rehabilitation at a community hospital will need to have an assessment undertaken of the support they will need during their stay. This assessment will consider facility in Herefordshire can best meet their needs.
There are two wards at Leominster Community hospital, Minster and Eaton. These are split into smaller rooms of single or five bedded bays, all single gender.
Preparing for your stay in hospital
A patient information booklet is available by clicking
here for you to read to help you prepare for your stay in hospital. This information will also be available for you at your bedside if you are staying overnight in one of our hospitals.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test is a simple question that patients are asked about the care they have received. The test is part of a way of gathering patient feedback and driving improvement in NHS hospital services across the country. To find out more about the Friends and Family Test click here.
There are currently 800,000 people diagnosed with dementia in the United Kingdom. Every day in an acute hospital approximately 60 to 65 percent of inpatients will be suffering with dementia, confusion and/or delirium.
At this Trust, we have a skilled multidisciplinary team who aim to improve the care and experience for both patients and carers.
We have a number of initiatives in place to raise awareness amongst our staff of the signs and symptoms of dementia so that we can provide the best possible care for our patients. To find out more Visit our dementia care page.
To make your stay more comfortable
- There is a mobile phone that can be taken to patients bedside or mobile phones can be used but they remain the patients/relatives responsibility
- A radio can be provided for patients use, there is a flat screen TV in each of the single rooms and 2 of the large bays, also one in each sitting room
- As part of the rehabilitation provided at Leominster Community Hospital patients are encouraged to use the day room for meals and socialising
- Visiting hours - see above.
- There is a choice of menu for each meal and you will be asked to select your choice for the next day. If you require a special diet because of your condition this will be provided. Please let staff now if you have any other special requirements
- Ministers of all the local churches will visit on request, and the Church of England Minister holds Holy Communion on Sunday afternoon in the Dayroom
- There are water coolers on the ward
- Please note: Wi-fi access is not available at this hospital
Community Hospital parking
Community Hospitals (Ross on Wye, Leominster & Bromyard) parking.
The following parking pay & display charges are in place at this community hospital:
- 15 minutes free parking
- Up to 1 hour £1.50
- Up to 2 hours £2
- Up to 3 hours £3
- Up to 4 hours £4
- Over 4 hours £5
There is a bus stop outside the hospital. There are regular buses to and from Ludlow , Knighton, Hereford , Kington and Presteigne. Details are available via http://www.herefordbus.info/ 0870 608 2 608. The train station is approximately half a mile from the hospital.
The Trust also provides a podiatry service. Our Podiatry department's priority is to provide care for patients who have a significant foot condition and a relevant medical history. Many of these patients require ongoing treatment. Visit our podiatry page to find out more.
Office Tel No: 01568 614 211