More information is available on the visiting page
Patient and public involvement
We always endeavour to listen to the feedback our patients provide to improve the services we deliver. Ways to get involved include the following:
• The Friends and Family Test: asking patients ‘Overall, how was your experience of our service?'.
• National surveys: such as the inpatient, outpatient, maternity, A&E surveys being carried out on behalf of the Care Quality Commission.
• Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs): surveys which assess the health outcome and experience of patients on four clinical pathways.
• Local patient experience surveys: carried out by wards and departments. The use of volunteers in supporting the Trust to capture patient experience locally is invaluable.
• NHS Choices and Patient Opinion: the national internet feedback page for patients and the public to post their experiences about the Trust.
• Key performance indicators: shared through the service units on a monthly basis and displayed in ward and department areas.
• Patient complaints and concerns: enquiries enable more formal feedback from patients and carers, and require formal investigation and response from the Trust.