More information is available on the visiting page
February fun has started on the children’s ward at Hereford County Hospital with a pamper party for a group of long-term patients.
Eight children attended the special pamper party on Friday and enjoyed a mini makeover including nail painting, face packs, hair styling, a pamper pack gift, cakes and treats. The children took part in party games and dancing and were delighted to welcome a special visitor – Barbie. The play specialist team transformed one of the bays on the ward into a pamper/party room for their special guests from donated supplies which included a nail bar, hair station, ‘glitter up’ area and chill zone. On arrival the children wasted no time in getting their comfy pyjamas on to be pampered by the team.
The party was extra special for one of the guests, Henrietta, who was celebrating her 10th birthday on Friday.
Thanks to the kind donations from friends, parents, carers and local businesses the children were given an array of treats and pamper gifts to enjoy.
The play specialist team at Hereford County Hospital’s children ward organise events, and activities for the patients to help normalise their hospital experience. They help children to understand their illness better, reduce the effects of a stay in hospital, recover quicker and manage their feelings.
Sarah Brotherwood, play specialist at Wye Valley NHS Trust, said: “We’re delighted to provide this pamper party experience for our long-term patients as a New Year treat. It has been lovely for the children to come into hospital for nothing but fun.
“All the children have had a wonderful time and we would like to thank their parents/carers, friends, and local businesses, for all the kind donations for this party. We are overwhelmed by their generosity, particularly during these difficult times.”
Notes to Editors WVT:
- Wye Valley NHS Trust is a provider of health services across Herefordshire and beyond. The Trust exists to improve the wellbeing, independence and health of the people we serve.
- By working closely with our partners, we can make good our promise to deliver a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and our friends.
- With an estimated annual turnover of around £295 million, we employ around 3,000 staff. We aim to build new relationships between our staff, patients, service users and their carers with the wider community.
- Staff and pamper party guests
- Henrietta’s birthday cake
- Donations were received from;
- Vicki Morse
- Sarah Cockcayne
- Cadmore Lakeside Hotel
- Nicole Fraser-Party Floss
- Charlie Jo Jenkins
- Trinity School Parents
- Divine Doughnuts
- Barbie @ Magical Experiences
- Pizza Hut
- Kim Griffiths
- Kizzy Fell
- Lyndsey Colebourn
- Bex Gotterson
- Hannah Phillips
- Childrens Hospital Pyjama’s
- Vicki Jane
- Kelly Benjamin
- Jack Hughes
- Hannah Marie
For further information please contact:
Fiona Gurney, communications officer, or John Burnett, Communication and Engagement Manager, Wye Valley NHS Trust: 01432 372928