More information is available on the visiting page
Caring For You, Locally
As District Nurses
We believe patients are entitled to high quality care, while respecting confidentiality, dignity, cultural and religious beliefs. We believe in working in close partnership with family carers and other social and allied health professionals to provide a seamless patient focused service. We are knowledgeable and highly skilled professionals providing quality care to patients in our community
Who Can Refer Me To A District Nursing Team?
There is an open referral system, so anyone can refer you, with your consent.
- Self referral/carers and family
- Practice nurses
- Social Services
- Community Hospital
- Hillside/ Out Reach Team
- Local Hospital
- Out of County Hospitals
All referrals will be assessed to ensure they meet our service criteria, and help us decide what the best care may be for you. We may refer you to other services more appropriate to meet your health or social care needs.
The District Nursing Team Can Offer
- Individualised holistic nursing assessment
- Leg ulcer and wound management.
- Chemotherapy treatment
- Radiotherapy support
- Advice support and management of continence issues
- Immunisation (specific)
- Administer medication syringe/ driver, injections (specific)
- Health checks, promotion education and teaching
- Assessment for nursing equipment to promote and maintain your independence at home
- Facilitating early hospital discharge
- Referrals to other services
- Palliative and end of life care
- Enabling individuals with disabilities and long term conditions to achieve quality of life and independence
- Blood sampling
- Empowering patients
- Support to families and carers
How You Can Help Us?
Please contact your District Nurse if you are unavailable for any planned visits e.g. Hospital appointments.
The District Nursing Team aims to provide a service that is flexible and patient centred, so are always looking at ways to improve the service and welcome your comments and feedback.