Going the Extra Mile – staff recognition scheme
Many members of staff go above and beyond the call of duty to make a difference to the experiences of patients, visitors, colleagues and clients. The Going the Extra Mile Scheme was introduced to acknowledge and celebrate their dedication and achievement.
We invite nominations for those staff and volunteers who make a difference through living the values of the Trust and through their commitment to improving the experiences of patients, service users, visitors, colleagues and clients. Click here to access the Going the Extra Mile nomination form.
There are three categories:
1. Making an Outstanding Contribution – Team (monthly award)
2. Making an Outstanding Contribution - Individual (monthly award)
For a team or individual who had made a positive difference by, for example:
- Improving the quality and experience of care provided to our patients, their carers and families
- Developing the responsiveness and accessibility of services
- Improving patient / staff safety
- Improving the way we work together to deliver services more effectively
- Demonstrating exemplary behaviour in relation to the Trust’s values
3. Innovation of the Year
For a team or individual who has developed an innovative idea to add value or to enable the Trust to make a difference through, for example:
- Enhancing patient care
- Improving efficiency or effectiveness
- Reducing waiting times
- Improving quality or safety of service
Awards are made by a panel of representatives from across the Trust including a union representative.
Winners are presented with a certificate signed by the Chief Executive, a gift voucher for £20, and a letter from an Executive Director commending them on their achievement.
In addition to the £20 monthly prize, the panel will award a further prize of £100 annually, for the most outstanding winners of Making an Outstanding Contribution (Team and Individual).
Previous winners have included nursing teams, medical staff, catering staff, administrative staff, the site gardener and porters.
The Innovation of the Year Award will be in the form of gift vouchers to the value of £100 and a certificate.
If you would like to nominate a member of staff for 'Going the Extra Mile' please complete the nomination form accessed through the link to the right.