Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
NHS pension scheme and pay information
WVT is a member of the NHS pension scheme, which is generally considered to be one of the most advantageous schemes for the employee. If you are eligible you will be automatically enrolled into the NHS Pension Scheme.
- The scheme is eligible to all NHS workers between the age of 16 and 75, who are directly employed by the NHS, are medical, dental and ophthalmic practitioners and trainees, are general medical practice staff, are staff working for certain approved employers, are non-general practice providers.
- There are seven rates of member contribution, ranging from 5 per cent of pensionable pay for the lowest earners to 14.5 per cent of pensionable pay for the highest.
- As your employer we contribute 14.3 per cent to the scheme.
- Contributions are taken from your pay before tax so you receive tax relief on the amount you pay.
- Some pension schemes are comparable enough with the NHS pension scheme that contributions from other schemes can be transferred into the NHS pension scheme and vice versa.
All substantive members of staff are paid monthly by bank credit. The monthly payday is the 26th of each calendar month. Payday may be varied when this falls on a weekend or a bank holiday. If the 26th falls on a Saturday, payday will be the preceding Friday. If the 26th falls on a Sunday, payday will be the following Monday, payday in December will always be before Christmas.
Our payroll services include:
- Process staff salaries and wages
- Process staff expenses
- Process staff pension benefits
- Administer NHS pension scheme
- Give advice to staff on all issues relating to salaries and wages
- Complete forms e.g. mortgage requests, statement of earnings, etc
NHS Agenda for Change(AfC) pay scales
AfC is the pay and grading system for NHS staff, with the exception of doctors, dentists and some senior managers. It's designed to help ensure fair pay and creates a link between your pay and career progression.
You can access NHS pay scales on the NHS Employers website.
Our accurate payroll service improves employee satisfaction, which can lead to better patient care
The Trusts payroll team is produced by a small internal team, who are based at Franklin Barnes Building based offsite.
You can contact the payroll team about any aspect of your pay using the details below:
Payroll, Franklin Barnes, Commercial Road, Hereford, HR1 2AZ
+44 (0)1432 355444 extension 5861 or 5862 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday)