Wye Valley Trust Coronavirus

Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page

Search Wye Valley NHS Trust

Subject Access Requests (SAR) – How to make a request

The preferred method of submitting a request is via the Trust’s online form here. Otherwise please see below for other ways to contact the Trust in order to request records:

Subject Access Request

Wye Valley NHS Trust holds data about individuals. This can be within health records, emails or specific software. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives the public to view or receive copies of the information that an organisation holds about them.

You can use this form to ask to see a copy of personal data that we hold about you, in line with data protection legislation.

You can also use this form to ask to see the records on behalf of someone else, as long as you are legally allowed to act on their behalf. This includes:

  • Making a request for a child
  • Making a request for someone that you have power of attorney for.

You should fill in all fields that apply to you.

Are you making a request for yourself, or on behalf of someone else?

If you wish to obtain a copy of your medical records, or request records on behalf of a patient, please follow these steps: 

  1. Print a copy of the Subject Access Request form available here.

or request a paper copy from:

Subject Access and Data Protection Act Administrator
Wye Valley NHS Trust
Monkmoor Court
31-34 Commercial Road
Hereford HR1 2DX
Tel: 01432 262064/065

Please ensure you sign the form and include the required proof of identity documents, detailed in the form. 

2. Email a scanned copy of the request form to wvt.subjectaccess@nhs.net , or post to the Subject Access team. Please note that it will be faster to deal with requests and dispatch documentation if the request is emailed.
3. You will receive a copy of any records held within 30 calendar days of your request being received.

4. Please note, if you request X-Rays, these will be sent out on a CD, unfortunately we are not able to send out hard copies or emails of X-Rays. Your medical notes will be sent out either via an E-Mail attachment or on a CD, and you will be able to print any information you need from these files.

© Wye valley NHS Trust 2022