More information is available on the visiting page
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department provides diagnostic and treatment facilities for a wide range of ear, nose and throat diseases.
Outline of the department
The department consists of three substantive consultants who provide services between Hereford and Worcester. They are supported by a Foundation Year doctor and two middle grade doctors and a team of specialist nurses. There is a fully staffed audiology department providing hearing services and hearing aids.
The ENT consultants also provide:
- Outreach services and day case surgery at Llandrindod Wells Hospital
- A specialist paediatric clinic at the Children's Development Centre, Ross Road, Hereford
Links with other departments
The department works closely with the Radiology and Histopathology departments, Audiology and Maxillofacial departments. A paediatric ENT service is provided with links with the Paediatric Department. Cancer care is provided in liaison with the multi-disciplinary teams at Worcester Royal Hospital and Cheltenham Hospital.
- Emergency clinic (GP and A&E referral only, telephone 01432 355444 ext 5337) - daily 9am-12pm
- Otology and hearing loss clinic (ear diseases) - Tuesdays
- Vertigo and balance service
- Nurse led ear care clinics
- Paediatric ENT clinics
- Rhinology clinic
- Smell disorders clinic - Monthly on Wednesdays PM
- Thyroid clinic - Monthly on Mondays
- Allergy testing
- Voice clinic - Monthly on Mondays
- Monthly head and neck oncology clinic
Mr Prowse BSc MBBch FRCS (ORL-HNS) PGCME
Secretary 01432 364074
Consultant General and Paediatric ENT. Otology and balance.
Clinical lead for ENT services
Mr Warner MBBS MSc MD FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Secretary 01432 364075
Consultant General and Paediatric ENT. Head and Neck Surgery
Clinical lead Head and Neck Cancer
Mrs Kale MBBS MS(ORL) FRCS (ORL-HNS) PGCME
Secretary 01432 355444 ext 5875
Consultant General and Paediatric ENT. Rhinology
Senior Tutor University of Birmingham Medical School
Specialist Nurses 01432 355444 ext 5870
Our specialist nurse practitioners run our aural care and allergy testing clinics and provide support to patients who are undergoing cancer tests and treatment.