Visiting has been stopped at our hospitals and there are changes in place to a number of services. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
How to find us and parking
The main entrance of the The County Hospital is located in Stonebow Road. The maps below show where the hospital is situated, along with locations of the main departments and wards.
Parking for bicycles
Cycle racks are available in car park two at Hereford County Hospital (turn left at the mini roundabout on entry to the site from Stonebow Road). These cycle racks are attached to the front of the brown metal clad building, which is over looked by the Parking Hut for additional security.
Travelling by Car
When attending an appointment or staying in hospital, if possible get somebody else to bring you. There is a ‘drop off point’ by the main entrance. If you decide to bring your own car, parking is limited so please leave in plenty of time. We have introduced a “pay on foot” system at Hereford Hospitals, where you pay on departure, ensuring you only pay for the length of your stay. If you need any assistance with car parking, please ask one of our car park attendants. Please also remember to bring some change with you.
If you are using a satellite navigation system please use the following address and postcode:
The County Hospital
There are two main types of car parking available – Pay on Exit and Pay and Display.
Using the Car Park - Pay on Exit
The three main car parks are barrier controlled and are all located at the front of the hospital.
- Press the button for a ticket and retain this ticket until you have finished your business within the Hospital.
- When you are ready to leave take your ticket to a pay station. There are two, one located outside of the main entrance and the other next to the blue hut near the exit of car park 2.
- Insert your ticket and the pay machine will display the total charge. The machine does take both notes and coins.
- Once you have paid in full your ticket will be returned to you. Drive with this to the exit point and insert it into the exit barrier machine and the barrier will raise for you to exit.
Using the Car Park - Pay and Display
There are two areas of parking that remain pay and display. These are the row of spaces in front of Accident & Emergency and the area adjacent to the Fred Bulmer Building. The pay and display ticket dispensers are situated next to each of the parking areas; please ensure you use these machines only.
If at any time you have a problem using the car park attendants are available to help. Please press the help button on the machines to contact them.
Car Parking Tariff
- 10 minutes Free
- Up to 1 hour £3.50
- Up to 2 hours £5.00
- Up to 3 hours £6.00
- Up to 4 hours £7.00
- Up to 5 hours £8.00
- Up to 9 hours £12.00
- Up to 24 hours £15.00
Charges apply 24 hours.
Car park concessions
Patient concessions - per 24 hour period.
- A&E: where initial treatment is not received within the four hours, car parking charges will be discounted back so you would only pay for four hours
- Outpatient departments: should a visit to the clinic exceed the two-hours local standard due to delays caused by the hospital, car parking charges will be discounted to the two-hour rate
- Outpatient departments on top floor (Paediatrics and Women’s Health): should a visit to the clinic exceed the local three-hour standard due to delays caused by the hospital, car parking charges will be discounted to the three-hour rates
- Carers in active care of patients on wards with nursing staff will have car parking charges discounted to the two-hour rate
- Parents/carers of children staying overnight: will have car parking charges discounted to the two-hour rate
All concession reductions are applicable per 24 hour period only.
For example, if you are providing active care for a patient on a ward your car parking charge will be discounted to the two hour rate for that 24 hour period. This means that you are required to pay for parking each day you attend and this will be at the two hour rate daily, not as a one off charge.
The concessions in place if appointments have been delayed by the Trust, not for the time taken for treatment.
How to access concessions
If you qualify for a concession the relevant ward/department will complete a concession slip. If you feel you may be eligible for this but have not been offered, please ask. The slip and your car parking ticket should then be taken to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) located at the Main Entrance area. They will validate your ticket to the appropriate rate between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. Out of hours the CP Plus Attendants will validate the concessions, please contact one of the attendants within the car parks
Frequent parkers – patients and visitors
Frequent parkers (i.e. multiple visits in any one week) will qualify for a discount equivalent to the cost of the shortest stay in respect of any five visits in a seven-day period. The concession requires receipts from the new payment machines or Pay and Display tickets to be retained for proof of the cost.
Help with health costs – for patients
Further support is available to those on low-income from this national scheme. Details are available on 0845 8501166, or you can pick up an information leaflet, ref HC11, at the main Hospital reception. This scheme incorporates a range of assistance for a variety of health service costs.
This scheme supports costs incurred (where ambulance or ambulance car transport is not available) in transport and parking costs of patient visits to hospital.
The qualifications for support are those claiming:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, or
- You are named on a NHS tax credit exemption certificate card, or
- You have a low income and named on a certificate HC2 (full help)/ HC3 (limited help)
- You are awarded Universal Credit
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU BRING UP TO DATE (CURRENT YEAR) PROOF OF ENTITLEMENT TO EACH APPOINTMENT, TOGETHER WITH YOUR HOSPITAL NUMBER. THE TRUST IS UNABLE TO RE-IMBURSE COSTS WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.
Winged parking spaces for disabled drivers will remain outside the main entrance, but the spaces are not subject to blue badge exemption. Those who qualify will have access to the above concessions.
At all times, assistance, including concessions, is available by use of the “call assistance” buttons at the barrier entrances, exits and pay machines.
Community Hospital car parking:
To find out about community hospital parking click on the links below: