Children's Community Nursing
About our service
The Children's Community Nurses (CCN) provide nursing care to children aged 0 up to their 18th birthday who have an identified nursing need and are registered with a Herefordshire GP. This extends to the age of 19 years for those in specialist educational setting.
Care is provided to enable Children and Young Peoples' acute and complex health needs to be managed in their own homes, schools and respite centres.
The service may also include providing families with specialist equipment, guidance and education in medical/nursing procedures and sign posting families to other services. The team provides support around transitional care into adult health services.
We offer support with:
- Gastrostomy Management
- Nasogastric Care
- Training and support in schools for complex health needs
- Wound Care
- Assessment for specialised bed and enteral feeding equipment
- Subcutaneous injections for conditions e.g Rheumatology
- Specialist bladder and bowel management e.g stoma's
- Oncology blood tests at home
- Palliative Care and End Of Life Care for Children in their own homes
To access the referral form click here. Please also see the contact details right of this page.
- Monday to Friday
- 9am to 5pm
(excluding Bank holidays)
The CCN team is not an emergency service; there may be times when we are unable to reply to messages the same day. If you need medical advice or assistance urgently consider phoning 999, your GP, or the Children’s Ward if you have open access.
Please contact the team to discuss any referrals. See the main website page left for referral form