Changes to visiting arrangements and a number of services are in place. For more details visit our Coronavirus page
Covid-19 changes to health visiting and school nursing services – updated 28/8/20
Wye Valley NHS Trust specialist community public health nursing service, incorporating health visiting and school nursing will continue to provide a centralised service offer to families within Herefordshire during the Covid-19 crisis, due to the emergency reconfiguration of Trust wide services.
We hope that you will understand that these measures have been taken to protect, babies, children, parents and carers and our staff during Covid-19.
Health visitor and school nurse advice lines
Health visitor and school nurse advice lines for all families and carers are now available between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
- Health Visiting - 07870 682711
- School Nursing - 07813 451034
Health visitor offices
- Offices - health visiting services have now been streamlined and therefore not all health visitor offices are manned.
Well baby, breast feeding support clinics and child development review clinics - temporarily stopped
- All well baby, breast feeding support clinics and child developmental review clinics throughout the county have been temporarily stopped due to Covid-19 pandemic, but clients are invited to contact the health visiting service for advice, or to discuss any concerns they may have regarding their child on 07870 682711.
School drop in sessions temporarily stopped
School nurse drop-in temporarily stopped to say:-
From September 2020, school nurse drop-ins will become appointment sessions only. Young people can contact via text/talk to book an appointment or can book through their schools. School nurses will be wearing PPE during appointment sessions.
Primary School drop-ins for parents will be virtual appointments using a video link platform.
- All school drop in sessions for children and young peoples have been temporarily stopped due to Covid-19 pandemic, but all children and young people are invited during this time to contact a school nurse to discuss any issues they may wish to talk/ text about in confidence on 07813 451034 -see above
- Additional support in relation to breastfeeding and domestic violence will be supported throughout this period. Please call us on the above mobile numbers.
Contact details for professionals
- Professional contacts are directed to the following landline numbers, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Health visiting call 01432 383066/ school nursing call 01432363940
Health visitors work closely with Herefordshire Safeguarding Childrens Board. If you have any concerns please contact Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub at Herefordshire council on 01432 260800