More information is available on the visiting page
Children's Hearing Service
The Children's Hearing Centre is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of senior audiologists, clinical scientists, audiology assistants, school hearing screeners and administrative support who provide a family friendly service for all children from birth to 16 years of age. We have a purpose built centre with sound treated rooms. We work with families to provide an accessible service and aim to provide early identification, assessment and treatment for children of all ages and abilities in a timely and efficient manner. We work closely with our colleagues in the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Department, Paediatricians, Adult Audiology Team and the Education Support Service for hearing impaired children (ToHI).
Appointments are held at the Children’s Hearing Centre, which is located in the Child Development Centre, Ross Road, Hereford. Limited parking facilities are available at the Centre; use of the car park is at your own risk. The Centre has full disabled access and baby changing and feeding facilities are available.
Our opening hours are from 8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday, we are not open bank holidays or weekends. Appointments are available between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are unable to attend your appointment please telephone as soon as possible on 01432 349620.
- Samantha Cooper, Head of Audiology
- Michelle Little, Clinical Scientist (Audiology)
- Deborah Heath, Senior Audiologist
- Dhanisha Chauhan – Audiologist
- Debra Hollis, Assistant Technical Officer
- Shelley Oliver, Audiology Apprentice
- Denise Prothero, Admin Lead for Audiology
- Barbara Leighton, Audiology Administrator
At the Children’s Hearing Centre we provide:
- Hearing assessment for children aged 0-16 years old
- Early identification of hearing loss
- Provision of hearing aids as appropriate
- Onward referrals to other services as appropriate (e.g. ENT, ToHI Team)
- Advice and support for children with hearing loss
- Family-friendly, accessible service
- Purpose-built centre with sound-treated rooms
SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
There is information, support, services and activities for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Children's Hearing Centre
Tel No: 01432 349620